Before you set out on the mission of cleaning those stubborn stains of spills and splatter on your cooktop, it’s advisable to keep the following tips on mind.
So let’s get started with the easy guide on cleaning a Glass Cooktop
- Allow the cooktop to cool sufficiently after the usage. Saturate the surface generously with the soapy water and wipe it with a soft cloth. Rinse the cooktop with the water and dry it with cloth or paper towel.
- If your spill tray and burners are solidly dirty, then remove the harsh baked-on grease & give the spill tray & burners an initial wash with a soapy sponge, then mix up your miracle paste.
- Combine 1 part vinegar with 2 parts baking soda, add a few drops of dish soap, and cake or cook the mixture on. Let the mixture sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then wash it off with a soapy sponge and a little elbow grease.
- Next you can use quick mix of lemon juice or vinegar with hot water. And then spray this solution directly on the stain, and wipe it off with a clean cloth; repeat if required. At the end, don’t forget to rinse the clean spot again to remove all solutions stains and wipe it completely dry with another cloth.
- Vegetable or Olive Oil – This method calls for you to pour a little vegetable or olive oil out onto your Glass Cooktop. Using a cloth, scrub the oil into the caked-on messes. Then spray it all down with an all-purpose cleaner. This works wonders on the sleek surface of the Glass Cooktop.
- For cleaning you need to use only small amount of liquid cleaner to the Glass Cooktop and quickly spread a thin layer and let it set for a minute which change to a milky-white, dry form. To wipe you need to use a clean, dry cotton cloth and once the cleaner has been removed, wipe the surface again using another cloth. Repeat if required.
Even though you follow any of the above methods, ‘thumb rule’ is to do ‘daily clean-up’ as grease, sauces and spills are tough enough to clean off and these stains will spell disaster for you. Moreover, if you leave leftover food or burnt-on stains then it will only complicate your cleaning, and can possibly cost you extra.
Hence, periodic clean-up every now and then is must. And don’t forget to tell us what cleaning methods you use to clean your Glass Cooktop in the comments below and we will surely add them in our list!